Saturday, August 29, 2020

Wonder wall

 Oasis 


Today is gonna be the day

That they're gonna throw it back to you

By now you should've somehow

Realized what you gotta do

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way I do about you now.


In December of 1990, I was 34 yrs old and attended my first self actualization seminar and it change the course of my life forever. The following years have been full of change and exploration. In the beginning many of my friends, family and loved ones questioned my life’s decisions; broken marriage, closed businesses, modest accommodation, and transportation. Gradually I became more isolated, recluse in a vineyards  converted tool shed. I had given up everything that I had believed defined me and now I was alone with only my thoughts and dreams to keep me company. 


In March of 1996 I boarded a Garuda air bus at LAX with a one way ticket to Bali Indonesia. My mind was right, my ship had sailed. I was trading my life of bondage to a life of exploration and adventure. 20+ hours later I  arrived in a new land, with my back packs, guide book and a heart full of faith. 


Over the next few days I discovered a smaller island called Gili Trawangan, it’s total land mass is less than 6 sq miles. GT offered white sand beaches, crystal clear blue water, coral reef, and cool sea breezes As I lay basking in the warm sunshine, I felt validated. Finally my dream was becoming a reality and I wished the people who thought they knew me could understand why I chose to change.  

Reality is harsh, I had a skint amount of cash and I did not know how I would survive. I only had faith and a desire to stay on this amazing journey.  I embraced the belief that I can be who I choose to be and I can love and understand me more than anyone else. The song Wonder Wall speakers to me. 

My message today is dream your dreams, be fearless and walk in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment