Friday, May 20, 2011

I am a Fat Man

I am a fat man and I have been fighting my weight since I was a child. I came into this world fat, when I was a toddler I was a “fat boy”, as an adolescent “husky” and pre teen “chubby”.  When the teen years came I was  “big” and as an adult the names became more harsh such as “big belly,””jelly belly”, “Fat Ass” and “obese”.  With every victory in the battle of the bulge there are losses and with every loss there is victory.

“I am a Fat Man” is my mantra.  Reversal of fortune is the result of denying the obvious.  As a fat man I cannot behave the same way as people who have no eating disorder.   Eating disorders are threatening, they threaten my health, fitness, well being and joy in life.  As a life time Fat man who truly understands what it is to be  in the battle of the bulge, I invite you to follow Geo’s family fitness program as I make my journey to ultimate health and fitness, I will share my weekly results, routines, nutrition, food menu, recipes, and training videos.

My view of being healthy is defined in being fit and agile.  When I am able to do and go to all the places that I dream of going, having all the fun I want to have, I am healthy, happy and fit.
I am a Fat Man and I am in the midst of a journey to self discovery and physical well being.  I have learned to find joy in movement which has resulted in my weight dropping from 153kg to 97kg.  I have rejuvenated and rehabilitated my body to new levels of agility and strength.  I jog, run, swim, lift weight, do pushups, pulls ups, sit ups, dips, and squats, for 3 to 5 hrs a session and recover over night to repeat the process daily.  I am 55 yrs old and have never had the overall fitness and health I have today.

To me being healthy and fit means; I am agile enough to walk long distances 5 to 10 miles, climb 150 stairs, sit for long periods of time 5 to 24 hrs, and go sleepless for 24 hrs without severe fatigue setting in.   Health, happiness and fitness have little to do with weight scales, dieting, struggle, and pain.  Being fit and healthy is a life choice.  I choose to have a lifestyle clearly directed by conscious thought and being happy is me knowing what I want from myself and discovering what I am willing and able to do to achieve my goals.

Everyone is different when it comes to weight loss in the battle of the bulge.  What works for one person may yield no measurable results for another. Consequently, Geo’s Family Fitness blog is a forum that offers a question and answer feature, all letters will be reviewed and read by highly qualified medical professionals, nutritionist and the Geo’s family fitness advisory board. Topics such as Family Health, nutrition, training, routines, food menus and recipes are just a sample of what will be discussed. I invite you to participate in Geo’s Family Fitness Blog, share it with your friends and family, discuss your own issues and joy me on my journey. 

Get healthy and fit if you are not, stay healthy and fit if you are.

Ciao,

Geo

No comments:

Post a Comment