Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cliff Hanger (pt. 3/3)



Pretty flower in NZ.
The engine growls like a caged tiger as the car accelerate through each dark turn.  The mountain road is a winding series of brake backs and tight hair pin turns. The sun has set and the peak is just ahead; I sense victory and push the throttle until I feel the click of metal to metal.  
A road less traveled
The lanes are narrow and the curves spiral upwards through knotty pines and cut stone. I press on; the increase in speed has made everything a blur except the black patch illuminated in front of me.  Suddenly, an alarming chill strikes my nerves and my hands begin to sweat, my gut tells me I am in trouble.  I am in a bend that doesn’t end and I’m going too fast, I grab the wheel tightly and lean into the curve; willing the car to stay upright but the tires won’t hold and I begin to drift.  I have failed again, I won’t reach the top and I have lost control.  
an out of control ride
a venture into a zone





This is the conclusion to a series of blogs in which I have been writing about self defining moments and perseverance, persistence, prudence, and patients. IMO these  four P's are all key elements in the journey to peak fitness and health.   Life took on new meaning when i was reborn.  Priorities changed, relationships hold more value, and my purpose in life became defined.

At a park in Ooty India
On the train to Bangalore






I was fortunate to have my youngest son give me the kick start I needed to get off my back and refocus my attention to the important things in life; family and self.  My body is a wreck, the frame is bent and my wheels are shot and I am blessed and happy that  I am afforded the time to work on myself and help others. In all honesty it is not a simple task, I have issues that continue to defy me and side track my best intentions.
 Geo's Family Fitness

I have an eating disorder that I cannot ignore or it will over power me. It is a challenge to stay motivated and on point day in and day out and it is a lonely road to travel. The support groups are few and the understanding of the compulsion to eat the things that prevent my progress is limited.  For a Fat Man in Paradise the journey to peak fitness and health is a solitary climb up a slippery slope that often times has two steps forward rewarded with one step back.


I am on a trek, that leads me into unknown trails some are dead ends that take me nowhere and waste my time, others are pitfalls that reverse my progress. Then there are the paths that guide me to exactly where I want to go and make all the errors worth enduring. At the end of the day health and fitness is a life’s journey that is a part of who I am and defines what I believe in. 

with the guys who keep me going
I have not reached the top of the mountain, my mission is not complete but I am patient and with persistence and prudence I will persevere and along the way I’ll have enjoyed an adventurous, joyful and long healthy life and I wish the same for you.  

Go have some fun.


Geo

Never give up, never lose sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment