Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pigeon Holed

Enjoying the sun at Hilton Head Island South Carolina
A person’s mental well being is equally important as the physical well being and over the last month I have been put through a considerable amount of undue stress which has affected my physical fitness and weight control.

The Old Grey Mare ain’t What She Used to Be











Moving to a country that is automated, credit generated and in financial decline presents issues that I did not anticipate. 

“Caveat Emptor” is no longer the way business is done in America.  The United States has become the poster child for litigious societies and “Seller Beware” is the situation today.  This may seem innocuous and simply suggest consumer protection however fear of loss is a very negative mind set to begin any business relationship and is not a healthy attitude. 


found this on Hilton Head but no idea of it's name, I call it pretty

Coming Home

I was attempting to have a friendly conversation with a rental agent and was unable to get a simple answer to a simple question such as; do many children live here?  This situation was repeated from coast to coast.  The fear of being sued for discrimination has paralyzed and traumatized the business community.

I have the benefit of nearly 20 years of self employment history in the United States and 16 years of business in S.E. Asia to surmise my opinion. 

The last 30 days in the USA has been a shocking revelation of how government has affected business in the United States.  The restraints put upon the sellers as to what they can and cannot say has reached the point of absurd. Fear has resulted in an effort to remove the human element consequently the process has become automated.   The human discretionary factor has been superseded by an automated scoring system.   Creative thinking which the basis of American business was is now the exception rather than the norm.

It is all good

The Pigeon Hole

I arrived in the USA with monies in hand and in the bank ready to do business yet for many of the agents I have met, international credit lines and currencies mean nothing.  In a credit driven society with an automated scoring system, cash is no longer king.  The impetus for most of the representatives I have spoken with has been trying to pigeon hole my lifestyle into something they can comprehend.

I have owned and operated a rental business in Asia for nearly a decade.   My residents originated from Europe, Australia, the USA and different parts of Asia.  When I interviewed prospective tenants  my only concern was their ability to commit to a long term contract and pay the deposits and rents I required.  If they had the funds and I felt I would enjoy their pool side company; I’d rent to them.  This system worked for me.  My hands were not tied by any legal issues preventing me from doing straight business. I could tell them what behavior I allowed and did not allow on my property.  I had the right to discriminate; and I did.  The rental terms were simple; pay as agreed or move.   In all the years I had tenants I only had two occasions where I asked people to leave and they left before absorbing their deposits.


Global Society

Most Americans I know are smart, clever, quick witted, hard working and self employed.  The simple minded Americans I have met seem to believe that credit and monies originated outside of the USA is not worthy of recognition within the States.  I find this naive and arrogant; these people simply do not understand what has happened to the value of the Green Back.  I have watched the US Dollar devalue against the Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, South African Rand, The Euro, the British Pound, and the Thai Baht, the Indian Rupee and the Indonesian Rupiah.

Wise Investors know they can get a better return in the Asian money market than in the USA; I can get a minimum of 3% on 18 mo deposits in Thailand; a 5 yr deposit in the USA won’t pay 1%.  The United States financial system is huge which makes its problems all the greater.  

In my opinion it is time for Americans to open their minds to alternative international life choice and embrace the value of cash; it’s all good and it all spends.  Look beyond the borders, invest globally and spend locally.

 Buyer Beware

Do not fall for all the propaganda promoting a paperless society.  There are alternative motives at play when paper currency is no longer looked at as an acceptable negotiable instrument.  The entities promoting Plastic cards as a way of tracking and doing your business are the true forces of evil.

Go have some fun,

taking a break on Virginia Beach boardwalk

Geo

hotovost je král




No comments:

Post a Comment