Friday, July 20, 2012

The Dove Tail Effect

Physical
Eighteen months ago I truly believed I had tuned into exactly what my physical requirements were to grow strong, increase balance, lean out and reach peak conditioning.  One year ago I hit a weight loss plateau.  My weight had leveled; I was 18kg/39.6lb over goal weight.  I was not overly concerned because I was in the best physical, mental, spiritual, financial and emotional conditioning of my 10 year self improvement journey.  I assumed weight training and muscle mass was tweaking the scales.

mental
The first warning sign of storms on the horizon was when regular yo-yoing began; up 1kg/2.2lb one week and down .5kg/1.1lb the next.  It would take me 14 days to drop the weight I gained in one week.   The Yo-yoing did not escape my attention; I focused on my food intake, regulated my fat, protein and carbohydrate percentages and made adjustments to my fitness regiment which resulted in a temporary stop in the fluctuating scale but did not produce another weight loss sequence.


spiritual
In my mind, every week I gained weight was another mislaid week in my journey to ideal weight and I began to feel frustrated and confused.  I had transformed from 162kg/356.5lb to 97kg/213lb without drugs, doctors, or diets the only thing I did was focus on moving and refrained from over indulging in the foods and behavior that cause weight gain.
Emtional
My personal performance system worked for me; I was improving in all five areas of life; physically, emotionally, mentally, financially and spiritually and ready to sharing my program with others. Then I hit the wall. I was going in the wrong direction each month was either a push or worse a gain and no matter how much I tried to adjust my behavior I was not being rewarded for my effort.  Each failed attempt to get back on track felt like a gut shot and failure to regain control began to weigh heavily on my mind and emotions.

financial
I frequently make reference to five areas in life; emotional, physical, mental, spiritual and financial.  I believe they dovetail and when one is out of balance it has a domino effect on the others.  When my emotions are dominating my decisions, I am not being as rational as I could be and when I am being over rational I am lacking in faith.  Focusing on finances often times leads to neglecting my relationships as poor health effects every aspect of life. 




spiritual
I weighed in last week and I am up 23kg/50.6lb over the last year; 17kg/37.4lb in the last 6 months.  I had a glitch in my system 12 months ago which correlates with my decision to expand my business and personal endeavors to another continent.  The dynamics of change has had a broad spectrum affect in all areas of my life.
physical
Stress releases a chemical called cortisone which is a proven natural steroid that causes weight gain, combine this with travel infringing on my quality time in the gym and I my laps in controlling my unhealthy behavior, I have gone adrift and no matter how hard I try to get back on course I feel like I am in a boat missing a paddle; rowing in circles. 



Emotional
I know I am stressed and have been for quite some time.  I believe it is only human to have fear of the unknown.  I have done my best to rely on faith and pragmatism to lead my way through this time of change.   I am surprised and disappointed by the dramatic weight gain over the last 6 months because I have been actively working to control my weight for more than 10 yrs and I trusted that my program was proven and effective enough to get me through whatever life put in front of me.



financial


My focus is on completing my intercontinental expansion and fear is effecting my emotions which are having a negative effect on my physical and spiritual well being and at times have had me feeling lost, dazed and confused. The good news is I am spiritually sound, financially healed and mentally stable.

the total package mental,physical,emotional,finacial,spiritual



 Moving in faith and trust should lead me to salvation and back to ideal fitness, health and wellbeing.  

Go have some fun,


Geo

No comments:

Post a Comment