Friday, July 27, 2012

Life in a Cocoon



Asian Moth
I left my home on Koh Samui on the 7th of May.  Over the last 10 months I can only remember 2 time periods where I spent a full 30 day stretch on my Paradise Island.  This has been the most I have traveled since I left California in 1996. 

The last 60 days I have been exploring the USA for a new business base and visiting friends and family from coast to coast.  My average length of stay in any one area; Orange County Ca, Florida, South and N. Carolina, Virginia, Kansas City, Colorado and Georgia was approximately 7 days driving and flying from region to region.   Two months away from home living out of a suit case and restaurant eating has not been good to me.
Pagosa Springs Colorado, USA

The other day I was feeling a bit blue about my weight gain and lack of fitness training.  That’s when I had an epiphany and realized that for the last 12 yrs I have lived in a cocoon; I don’t read or speak the Thai language and am oblivious to all the chatter and noise that takes place around me.  I have managed to create my own little world where I only speak when I want and hear what I want, the rest of the time I am alone in my thoughts and partaking in what I enjoy; training, family and entertainment.

Life in a cocoon is peaceful, safe and secure; controlled.  I rarely interact with strangers and have created a routine that allows me to know when to expect the unexpected and predict the predictable.  Time in a controlled environment is affluent; it flows easily.

preparing for the 4th of july in Pagosa Springs, Co.

After two months on the road in the USA, sleeping in strange beds, consuming industrial food, and living in a state of unrest; radios blaring, reality T.V., and under a perpetual state of commercial bombardment I reached my limit.  The mere sound of a panicked news reporter or energized infomercial makes me feel nauseated.

I miss my proscribed ecosystem of white sand beaches, cool sea breezes and swaying palm trees without commercial TV, radios, or newspapers.  My heaven; alone and not lonely, surrounded by family and friends, doing what I want, when and where I please in the silence and peace of my own mind. I crave the days of never being asked what I do and interacting with travelers who are on their own quest of self fulfillment living free from expectation and the bonds that bind people to struggle.
Harbor in Seal Beach California, USA

I have breached my tropical island capsule and there is no turning back.  The mission forward is to recreate a new atmosphere of peace and serenity, prosperity and affluence on Hilton Head Island.  I am certain that the most disruptive origin of disease is the stomach turning chatter of commercial radio and television and is to be consciously avoided.
A common sign on the South East coast of USA 


I have always said that anyplace can be paradise if I can afford to leave it but the last 8 weeks has shown me there is more to paradise than escaping an undesirable situation.  Paradise is found from within; it is a perception and a way of life.  Unconditional love and acceptance is the front door to a world of peace, joy and happiness.  Faith is the catalyst that opens the gate and empowers us to follow our dreams.
At Royals Baseball Stadium In Kansas City USA

The road to living a dream is full of obstacles and barriers which is why it is most important to be mentally clear about what we want.  The smallest details create the most colorful picture.  Make a list and trust your inner voice. A simple exercise that produces some incredible results is to take paper and pen in hand.  If you are right handed write a question such as; why don’t I know what I want? Then use your left hand to write the answer.  It is important to script whatever comes to mind and not over think this exercise.  The answers can be surprising and a basis to work from.   
Paddle Bikes
Let’s reduce the unnecessary distractions in our life, break away from expectation and disappointment and start by turning off the noise of industrial airwaves.

Go have some fun,
Clearwater Florida USA

Geo


es ist gut, um den Komfort der normalen entkommen

No comments:

Post a Comment