Wednesday, June 8, 2011

4 Elements in Navigating Buffets and Not Gaining Weight.



In my last thread I mentioned how much I enjoy hotel buffets.  With the arrival of summer and all the holiday BBQs, I am thinking it would probably be a good idea to suggest a way to successfully partake in one of these culinary feasts without gaining weight. 
Some may ask why bother, why not just stop eating foods that make you fat and put an end to the battle of the bulge.  I say that is a fair question but the older I get the fewer weddings I attend and the more funerals I am invited to.  Over the last several years I have known several men who were ill with terminal disease and they all took their doctors advice and changed their life styles; eliminating the various vices they enjoyed with the outlook it would add a few years to their life.  Near the end when they knew their fight was lost, they were angry, not about dying but for following doctors orders and quitting the things that made their life enjoyable.

Fat people do not like being told that they cannot eat.  I will never tell a fellow fat
person you cannot eat this or drink that but what I will do is share the information
that works for me.

In my opinion there are four considerations when preparing to indulge in a cornucopia of delectable delights.
1.       knowledge
2.       planning
3.       execution
4.       commitment
When it comes to buffets  I always have a plan, I  prefer to browse the iced dishes first; this will be where the  salads, sashimi, sushi, crab legs, shrimps, salmon, carpaccio, lox, cheese, breads, caviar, salmon muse, and dressings are on display.  My next stop will be the hot plate that’s when I put my sense of smell to work; with every lid I open I am greeted with the tantalizing fragrances of fresh herbs and spices.   Then I move on to see what’s roasting, Prime rib, Ham shank or leg of lamb.  The dessert section is where I expect to see ice cream, fresh fruits, chocolate fountains, and a wide range of delightfully delicious delicate cakes.   Once I have done my survey I have the knowledge to make my choices, execute my plan and keep my commitment to not gain weight. 
This is a lengthy and in-depth subject matter so I have broken it into 2 parts.

Thanks for reading.   BTW I dropped more than 2kg regatta week.
Ciao,
Geo


Go have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment