Sunday, June 26, 2011

Draw A Picture


Bali Indonesia the island of gods,  a beautiful island in the southern hemisphere’s chain of spice islands.  The Southern Cross lights up the night, emerald lakes gleam from the sun shining in the clear blue skies,  lime green rice terraces boarder narrow black top roads that wind through  a chain of artisan villages; wood carvers, basket weavers, potters, silver smiths, gold smiths, painters and trinket makers,  all linked with  culture and religion.  Bali island from mountain tops to coastal sceneries,  is a painter’s paradise and my first destination  in 1996.  

One gentleman I had the pleasure of getting to know was a popular painter named Jason Monet.  Jason was an accomplished painter and sculptor and had a compound where he spent his days working on various projects, drinking the local spirits, telling stories and laughing, Jason was a special character and I feel very lucky to have known him. 
 Jason had, had health problems and he appreciated that I was committed to working on my weight and health.  On one particular outing we got into a conversation regarding image and movement.  Jason said he never painted from photos because he wanted to capture movement in his paintings, he related this to my weight program and said Geo if you really want to get where you want to be  you have to have a mental picture of what you want to look like. He went on to relate it to his sculpting, when he worked with a block of stone he was not bothered by what needed to be removed because he knew what was waiting to be exposed.   He said: don’t worry about the fat, think about the body waiting for you to uncover.

In my opinion one of the most important factors  of becoming healthy and fit is to have an ultimate goal in mind, not only how much I want to weight  but what I want my body to look like as well.
Draw a Picture: I actually drew a picture of myself with cut abs, narrow waist, popping biceps and flat peks, that was 16 yrs ago and I still refer to it from time to time as my image guide.   Over the years I have continued to draw pictures some with my exact measurements that I use as an overlay to my desired shape which gives me a pretty good idea of my target areas to work on.   I suggest you draw a picture and give yourself a mental image of what you want to look like in black and white.
Go have some fun,
Geo


No comments:

Post a Comment