Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Life Is For Living

A couple of years ago I was in my room doing what I liked most; lying in bed watching TV.  My youngest son came to me and said: “papa if you were not so fat you could play with me.” Wow, from the mouth of babes, pure honesty.  He was right, I was slacking had let myself stop doing the things I knew worked and began doing nothing.  I was weighing 336lb/153kg. And I could not motivate myself to move.  Getting up in the morning was hell, my feet hurt when I walked, my knees were weak and my lower back was in constant pain.  I had a pretty good idea why fat people are jolly; because if I did not laugh I would have cried.  In the morning when the pain was at its worse, I tried to smile but all I could do was snarl, I was angry with myself and everyone around me knew it.  Life was not fun and I had no energy for new adventures,  Phoenix gave me the inspiration to get off my backside and get back to doing the things I knew I should and staying away from doing the thing I shouldn’t.  The next morning I limped to the mirror, looked myself in the eye and said: NO MORE, NEVER AGAIN! 

Today I am 97kg my back pain is gone, I wake in the morning with a pep in my step, my feet no longer give me pain and my knees are still weak but they do what I ask of them.   My health and fitness is a hell of a lot better today than it was 20 yrs ago and smiles come easily. 


My program has been developed over the test of time with trial and error.  I have documented my progress and regressions for more than 16 yrs. I have learned from my successes and failures and I honestly believe that I have discovered the right combination of food and exercise to keep me fit, lower my fat, build strength, and sustain my passion for adventure.   If you get any message from my blog I honestly hope it is:  “life is for living”  
Go have some fun.
Geo


No comments:

Post a Comment