Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Let’s Get High

By Saturday of last week I had exercised a total gym time of 745 minutes; tread mill, elliptical machine, stationary bike, and lifting weights for a daily average of 106 minutes, just under 64 minutes of cardio and 43 minutes a day of pushing iron.


Thinking about what may be


Saturday is my weigh in day, I look forward to it all week, it’s the goal post; the freedom to relax and do whatever I choose with no concern of weight gain. Typically if I show a Gain or a Push I won’t treat myself to anything special. This week I weighed in and the scales gave me my results; NO CHANGE, the week was a PUSH.

The weight scale has the ability to make my day or rain on my parade.  I have focused over the years to control my emotions; not get too high when the results are satisfactory and avoid despair when the outcome is not what I like. I do my best to stay emotionally balanced and grasp the results as nothing more than a hard fact of what my program has produced.  It was a break even week, with a pleasurable night out but I was thinking I would have seen a 500 to 700 gram/ 1lb to 1.5lb drop.

When I don’t see the results I believe I should I review my week’s food diary and look for areas I may have sabotaged myself.  This week the only red flag I could spot was possibly Thursdays quiz night; 3 light beers and (5) Brandy w/coffee.  The Push result put a wet blanket on my anticipated evening of fun; no going out on the town for me!

good friends, good food, good times

I have a new twitter account: www.twitter.com/samuifatman I opened it to post things like my weekly weigh in updates.

opening a can of whoop ass on fat

Sunday Morning is the start of my week, before I went to the gym I posted this tweet: I'm fighting with myself today, doubt and Q's regrd my progm. Hope I am not at a wall, still so far to go and feels like a battle w/o rest. I was feeling blue, tired, and frustrated. I was fighting the impulse to act out and binge. I grabbed my bag threw it in truck and headed for the gym, still not sure if I would get there. I managed to drive past a gauntlet of temptations and in the process commit myself to do what I knew I should and stay away from the things I shouldn’t. Once I arrived I relaxed in the sauna; melted some tension then headed to the weight room where I upped the pace and did 75 minutes of max weights; an incredible feeling to empty the tank and leave it all in the gym.  I huffed and puffed and pushed as hard as I could until I was unable to budge the bar. By the time I was done I was spent but I felt strong and balanced; muscles popping, back straight and pep in my step.  I returned home and tweeted this: did some quality gym time, broke a good sweat and mind feels right! attitude is the key to continued success. 


I will not be defeated 
There is no denying the truth, endorphins are a great drug, they numb pain, stop binging, overcome stress and frustration, pump up the sex hormones and are a natural opiate that shines a bright light of optimism on the world around us.
feeling the love

The next time you are feeling blue, frustrated or have the urge to binge, go break a sweat, meditate, have a good laugh, make love, eat some spicy food, or get a massage and catch an endorphin high.  
Go have some fun
Geo
the little one always ready to smile

No comments:

Post a Comment