Sunday, July 10, 2011

Let’s get Naked.

I had a dear friend who was very skinny and we both loved winter but for very different reasons.  She loved winter because she could wear more clothes and it made her look bigger I liked it because I could wear more clothes to cover up and hide my fat.

Christmas Day 1995 Napa Ca., I was alone but not lonely, the weather was wet and I was nursing a sprained ankle staying warm next to a wood burning stove.    I don’t know why maybe because I was gimpy but I started to do a personal inventory and take a good look at myself.   I was enjoying my independence, I no longer missed the X and life on the hill, mentally, spiritually and financially I was happy and feeling positive but physically I was a mess.
That rainy December day I took an honest look in the mirror and for the first time in a long time I was able to see what others saw and a lot more.  I was rolling in blubber, my butt was huge, legs were sagging, my belly was like a big semi deflated tire and both arms were wings as they rested on a mound of fat that rolled into a large set of man breast.  I was shocked, amazed and dismayed.




































I went looking for a scale, I searched and searched but I pegged every meter I stepped on.  To add insult to injury I had to pay a freight company to weigh me on an industrial scale. The operator kept adding plates until it leveled at just over163kg/ 360lb, talk about humiliating! I was grossly obese.  I was shocked, and disappointed; I knew better and I realized the time to change had come.
My Christmas present that year was an epiphany, the next morning I dug in my closet, blew the cob webs off my hiking boots, laced them up nice and tight to support my ankle and went for a walk. I took my first steps down a path of change and it all started with getting naked.     
 It’s good medicine to do a periodic visual exam, get naked and take a long look in the mirror, if you don’t like what you see do something about it.

 
Go have some fun
Geo

No comments:

Post a Comment