Sunday, July 3, 2011

STAY!

Sometime I get to the gym parking lot and I am tempted to just blow it off and go have a shake.  Those are the times, I revert to baby steps and take my first small step by getting out of the car, and then while I am willing myself through the gate, I talk to myself and say: Stay! Stay Focused! Stay on track!  Stay motivated!  
It is so much more fun putting the girth on then it is taking it off.  I have found that the only way I can stay motivated is to put the focus on my limits.  My training has become a quest to know how far I can push myself and not break down.  When I was younger I wanted to know, who am I? I have the answer to that; A fat man in paradise. Now I want to know; how good am I?  How much iron can I push and how much stamina, durability and fitness do I contain within me?     This means my focus is on doing, keeping my eye on the prize and I owning my success and failures. 

I like to people watch and I have come to the conclusion that there are two types of people who come to the gym those that focus on the doughnut and the ones that focus on the hole. The people that focus on the doughnut come in ready to train, go to their equipment, and do their routine and a minimum of 45 to 60 minutes later are on their way.  The others who only see  the hole, come in and take 10 minutes to tune the television , change the settings on the a/c, inspect the equipment and then do a 3 to 5 minute routine, are out the door, done for the day, ready to go eat.

To be honest from time to time I am a hole watcher too, those are the times I hear myself saying:
·         “ If this happens, I’m going to”
·         ” I should 
Typically the” if’s” never seem to happen and  ” should” never gets done consequently whenever I catch myself using   ” if” or “should” I check to make sure I am Staying on Focus, Staying on Track and Staying Motivated. 
When the time comes that you are making plans and you catch yourself using” if” or “ should” STOP!  Reframe your intention and replace” If” with”I will” and “Should” with” I am”.    Stay focused, stay on track, stay motivated and your health and fitness will be exactly what you want it to be.
Go have some Fun,
Geo

No comments:

Post a Comment