Thursday, August 18, 2011

Make the Choice




As a common part of daily living, opportunities present themselves in the form of choices.  Life’s treasures are discovered through the decisions we make such as getting out of bed or sleeping in, working or playing, staying the course or changing direction.  In order for us to make the right decisions we must be in tune with our inner voices and listen for the messages that will help guide us in the right direction to make the best decisions.
Me and the Boys in NZ.

One of the greatest advantages human beings have over all other species is our ability to make complex decisions.  Impulsive behavior is a genuine concern; before any action is taken there is an opportunity for a moment of rational thought, taking the time to consider the consequences of ones actions results in living a harmonious, life in good judgment.


Hm.. was the a good idea?


In '89   I was 34 years old and living “the life” at the top of the mountain,  believing I had everything I wanted;  my dream home, overlooking the countryside in the highlands of Northern California, married to a wonderful loving woman and running a successful business but I felt empty. I had a craving and nothing satisfied it. I was frustrated because I knew there had to be more to the meaning of life than accumulating things.  I was in a peak cycle of self sabotaging behavior and hardships. Like a dog chasing its tail, I was going in circles, and getting nowhere.  I desperately wanted to be free from a life of struggle.  


Life is full of Roses


My adventure began in December of 1989, when I made the conscious decision to choose a better way of living. Six years later I arrived on a small Indonesian island named Gili Tranwangan everything I owned was packed into one small travel bag.  I was living my dream; the madness that had been me was no more.  The bonds that bound me to struggle were broken; I was Free. I was a few days short of my 40th birthday and I was turning the page on a new chapter in my life.


Family at a park in Auckland

Personal exploration was the choice I made for me to have a meaningful relationship with myself.  When I decided to become a better person, I was making the decision to put peace back into my life.  On the road to change, I found that it takes all the determination and self-will I possess to persevere. There are no short cuts or easy fixes. Answers take time to come and no one can do the work for me but me. No one can walk in my shoes but me and I am learning  the meaning of faith. Faith lights the dark, faith gives me the courage to carry on, faith lifts me up when I feel weak and faith over comes self doubt


things are not always black and white

 Look within yourself for the answers” tune in and listen, accept,  love and  treat others with respect.  Take time to consider the consequences of impulsive actions and life will become full of peace and harmony.   

Go have some fun.
Geo 

What?


1 comment:

  1. I´ve listened to that story when we´ve visited you last year - but it was interesting to read it again. Look within yourself for the answers, you´re so damn right. Looking forward to see you in a few weeks :) Marc

    ReplyDelete