Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ten Rules to Live By


Popee and Phoenix ages 6 and 1

 “Balance” has held many meaning for me over the course of my transition however in my opinion the journey to becoming a balanced individual requires exploring five key areas in my life. 
  1. Emotional; friends, family, pets
  2. Financial; work or business
  3. Mental; school, studies, research
  4. Physical; health, fitness, yoga, sport
  5. Spiritual; faith, worship, serenity
wow lil doggie
My goal is to give an equal amount of attention to the 5 elements with the outlook that my life will be joyful, fulfilled, secure and peaceful.  The challenge has been in knowing if things are as they should be. Then I read about polarity which means that everything has an opposite.  So I took each of the five areas of life and applied the principles of polarity which looks like this.
                                           Five areas of life in polarity:
  1. detached/ selfish anal            EMOTION       love/family/heart
  2. struggle/confused/lost           SPIRITUAL       faith/ belief/ guidance
  3. sloth/ abuse/ neglect              PHYSICAL       health/ fitness/ self respect
  4. petty/vulnerable/ broke         FINANCIAL      career/ investment/ money
  5. dependency/ ego/ vulgarity  MENTAL           self awareness/ personal growth and acceptance

I used the above model to frame what I believe my life should look like when I
am in balance.
  1. Emotionally:
         I will have a harmonious relationship with myself and others
  2. Spiritually:
         I will have peace and contentment and will be able to live in the
         now.
  3. Physically:
         I will have a healthy life style and a healthy body.
  4. Financially: I will prioritize my time and
         spending.
  5. Mentally:
         I will have no doubt, accept myself, and see my own greatness.
clear blue sky, swaying palms and cool sea breeze; heaven on earth

I struggled to live a life style that would give me the balance I was seeking for quite awhile and it seemed as though I was chasing my tail; two steps forward and one step back.   I simply did not know how to view my place in world. Then I found 10 principles to live by, applied them to my daily life and the results were almost immediate.   I have never felt more at peace, and stable then I do presently.
Principles to live by:
·        Be in tune and aware of our inner voices
·        Transcend cultural differences and become a world citizen
·        Discover your calling in life, find the right career and soul mate
·        See life as being precious, take pleasure in living and see the good in life’s little   challenges.
·        Accept that people are different and understand that the seed of greatness is within everyone.
·        Satisfy the basic needs in life, take care of the basics such as food, shelter, security and self esteem
·        Appreciate life’s little gifts, stop and smell the roses
·        Self control, use it and give all areas of life the attention it requires.
·        Face up to the serious matters in life, don’t sweat the small stuff and give the truly important issues the attention it deserves.
·        Make good choices, and if it turns out wrong try again.
As a Fat man in paradise I believe the real lesson in life I have learned is; nothing stays the same.   The choices I make create self fulfillment.  I believe choosing to following these 10 principles to live by, is the single most important step I took towards self actualization and has resulted in many opportunities, guiding messages, peace and harmony.  Try it you may like it.
Go have some fun,
Geo
I have been told this looks like me

No comments:

Post a Comment