Monday, August 22, 2011

The Righteous Man

Popee with his new skate board
So here is the question, why change?  The answer for me is that transformation is inevitable, as the Buddhist say; there is no permanence. Life is like time it just keeps moving and there is nothing I can do to stop it.  What I can do is accept the fact that life is in constant modification and choose to live my life in a way that is for the better and benefits me and those around me.  I believe change whether planned or unforeseen is the spice of life that gets the creative juices flowing. In my experience it is during times of transition that the greatest opportunities have presented themselves to me.

caught taking a break
In my last blog I wrote about listening for messages as an internal guide to positive change.  Often times communications are sent but we do not hear or act on them which is why I say: we must be in tune with our inner voices and the environment around us to hear the messages that will help guide us in the right direction to make the best decisions.


The story about a religious man who was caught in a flood warning but ignored all the help that came to him illustrates what I am suggesting.

First the civil defense came to rescue him but he said; No God will protect me, I have prayed. Then as predicted the floods came and a boat was sent to get him but he refused and said he knew he would be safe because he had faith, the floods only got worse and he had to go to the roof of his house for safety. When the coast guard helicopter came for him, he once again refused the help and said he would be fine because God was his Sheppard and would look over him. The house ended up collapsing under the heavy floods and the man was killed.
He truly was a righteous believer in God and did go to heaven.  When he reached the pearly gates he asked; Why? He said; I prayed and I believed but you let me die, why? He looked at God with sad and confused eyes and said; you let me perish. 

God looked at the man and smiled, then he said; My Son, I heard your prayers and I did answer them.  First I sent you a car, then I sent you a boat and finally I sent you a helicopter but you refused them all. I spoke but you did not listen.


The music plays but do we hear it?

This is a perfect example of how a transmitter and a receiver are equally important in communication.  The most powerful message has no value if there is no one listening.   If we want to find our bearings and be led to recovery, we must be in tune with our inner voices and have the courage to take action.




Bali
Please take the advice of a Fat Man in Paradise; make the positive choice to take control of your health and fitness. Do the things you know that are good for you and stay away from the things that are not.

Go have some fun.

Geo
Me working in the Lotus Pond Sanur Bali

No comments:

Post a Comment