Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Communion


5:30 A.M. boarding
Today was an exceptionally hectic day because it was a travel day from Koh Samui Thailand to NYC which meant I was up and into my morning routine at 3:00 A.M. . . . Six hours later I was chatting to my wife on our flight to Bangkok about the importance of having a personal understanding with one’s self. 
Giving thanks
I am always more reflective when I have alone time with D.  I honestly believe that she is my divine gift; a reward for never losing faith and never giving up on my pursuit of a better me.  During these moments of self examination, I embrace warm feelings of gratitude for being led to her. Before moving to Asia, I was no angle and I did many things that I am not proud of as well as making many decisions worthy of shame however I learned to accept the truth and myself.  During my studies of self awareness I was taught how to prioritize the important things in life and discovered the rubbish bin for useless matters such as guilt, blame and shame.   Clarity in thought and vision has been the catalyst to seeing my dreams materialize. 


night view of NYC from Empire State Building
This morning instead of enjoying my quite alone time in a sauna, I was in an aero plane on the way to new opportunities and adventures.   In my opinion self communal time is the most valuable gift I can give myself.    This is the time when I do a personal inventory and check in on how I am feeling, not just emotionally but physically too i.e. is my body feeling any pain and if so where?  What muscles feel strong and which ones feel weak?   I chose to do my personal exam in the sauna because the heat helps release muscle tension before I train and the warmth also tends to clear my mind and stimulate my creative juices; 80% of my ideas come to me while I am in the sauna. 
Silence is golden; no meaningless chatter and no obstructions to peace and harmony.  Clearing the mind of needless noise and static opens the windows to clear pictures of what is and what could be. With practice I have learned to find silence in construction zones as I have discovered quite comes from within. 
Every day is a new beginning; there is no universal law that says life is a continuum.  If we find that we are going in a direction that does not lead us to where we want to be, we can change course as simple as changing course.   The value of communal time is it allows us the opportunity to soul search and embrace truths that are life and a part daily living. 
Sunrise is the communion of sunshine and the white light of forgiveness, wellness and aspiration. Forgive yourself of all past wrong doings, let go of guilt, shame and blame and embrace each morning with laughter, a smile and pep in your step.    Every day is full of ripe opportunities to be plucked from the trees of prosperity.  Adventure is just waiting to happen.
Go have some fun,
Geo
D taking the lead

No comments:

Post a Comment