Friday, November 18, 2011

Great American Tour Leg IV Kansas City


Mr Benz buying me lunch at Bryants BBQ
The best word to describe the return home to my roots is “Reunion”.    As I grow in age and reduce in size I realize that there is soulfulness in remaining in contact with the people who know me for where I come from. 

Dave took me to eat Persian
Mike and Bonnie eating Greek
KC has changed in the last 16 yrs. yet it has remained much the same; my favorite Steak House the Golden Ox in the KC stock yards is no longer but the Steak Houses remain plentiful and the corn fed beef is deserving of world recognition.  

The famous Jazz is no more but there is now a Base Ball hall of fame and a Jazz district dedicated to the memory of Negro league greats such as Satchel Page and Charlie Parker.  BAR B. Q. is still as it has always been tasty, tender, plentiful and a KC staple.
Health awareness can be found in most large businesses with incentives directly related to using the company fitness facilities.  The Johnson County Kansas Community Center I visited was well equipped, offering a heated indoor swimming pool, well trained personal trainers, indoor basketball courts and padded jogging track.  I was most impressed with the professionalism of the rehabilitation trainers working with degenerated senior citizens.
                                                            Lil John all grown up
Quality International cuisine is readily available; during my short 5 day stay I enjoyed eating Persian, Greek, Mediterranean and Mexican.    
Eating healthy was a bit of an issue for me in KC, as the end of my time in the USA was near and there were foods, mostly desserts that I cannot get in Thailand. I decided to indulge my sweet tooth and visited Pie Houses, which by the way was the only place I noticed grossly obese people.  Chocolate cream Pie, Peanut Butter Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Banana cream Pie, Blue Berry Pie, and Coconut cream Pie were all on the tasting menu and delicious.


Persian Salad

Greek salad


Persian Rice

Persian Mix grill chicken, beef and veg


prime rib end cut

Grilled chicken


Greek Mix platter lamb, beef, yogurt, veg and chicken

FYI Europe this is a proper pour of whiskey

When summarizing my daily diary, the conclusion is Italian sausages, cream pies, red meat and cheeses resulted in my protein, fats and carbohydrates all reversing in my scheduled dietary plan.  Instead of being on a high protein diet, I was eating more fat than carbohydrates and proteins combined.   I was unable to weigh myself but I am sure the high fat menu resulted in weight gain.    
Visiting K.C, allowed me to reconnect with some of my oldest and dearest friends and family. I toured the city, reminisced about school days and school girls, strolled down memory lane and shared some good heartfelt laughs.

Carrot cake


Pumpkin Pie











At the end of the day, there is no place like Home and when relationships are close we are always near. 
Go Have some Fun,
Geo
KC Fall
     


i

No comments:

Post a Comment