Monday, February 6, 2012

The Truth Can Be Bitter Medicine.

Home

I am in a situation that I do not enjoy.  I am stuck at a weight that I do not want and I am heavier than I deserve to be.    I have written quite a bit about my culinary delights and weight management during my trip to the USA in October and November of 2011.  I have not shared my feelings of frustration with weight management prior to my departure or since my return. 


fat man
In July of 2010 I hit a 12 month milestone and was down from 152kg/334lb to 97kg/ 213lb.  dropping 55kg/121lb which is an average weekly drop of 1.05kg/2.33lb.  I was pleased with my numbers and had my eye on my ultimate goal of 80kg/176lb.  However there was an area of discontent; during the whole process of downsizing I was convinced that by weight training my physical appearance would be toned and muscular when the pounds were shed.  One year later with an average daily gym time of more than 3hrs per day I was not close to being in the physical condition I had imagined or foreseen.   To add icing to the cake, I hit a plateau and it seemed no matter how many hrs I spent in the gym I was on hold at 97kg. 




with my little guy at the gym

Up to this point in time I had controlled my weight 100% by food and exercise.  I dabbled with vegan meal plans, high protein menus, eating small portions every 2 hrs, eliminating rice, pasta, and bread.  Eating copious amounts of papaya and muesli fruit shakes introduced myself to tofu with vegetables and quinoa and became a big fan of raw tuna, grilled mackerel, and salad bars. I snacked on cottage cheese with raisins and an occasional snicker bar.  The entire process of dropping weight was with the intention of never needing to give up or eliminate my pleasure foods; red meat, pork, chicken, whiskey, wine or beer. It was my intention to prove that with portion control and exercise anyone can control their weight, eat what they like and be fit.




young and lean

To a point I guess one could say my program was a success but I wanted more, I wanted bulk, I wanted muscles, I wanted results and I wanted to be cut and lean the way I believed 3 to 5 hours in the gym would produce.   The body builders here have their favorite pharmacy so I paid it a visit and I asked the pharmacist about steroids.  I was given a quick lesson on stacking and the drugs purpose and the advantages of Human Growth Hormones.  I went on line and studied the various options and decided that I would use the steroid that would repair my damaged muscles and give me strength.  I was not ready to stack i.e. different types of steroids at the same time for bulking and power.  I did a 45 day course of steroids, and introduced whey protein to my menu.  After 6 weeks I had not lost any more weight as a matter of fact I had gained 6kg. /13lb.  The experiment was a failure.  I stopped using the steroid but have continued using whey as a source of protein and am happy using it as a supplement.

Time management is also an important part of my program and I accepted that the average person could not dedicate more than 60 to 90 minutes per day in a gym consequently I dropped my gym time to an average of 60 minutes per day and was able to maintain my weight.  Since I returned from my holiday in the USA in mid November I have gained an additional 6kg. /13lb. It is bewildering because I am eating fewer calories and by all accounts should be dropping pounds or holding steady, defiantly not gaining.

At the end of the day, it is not, how much I eat as much as it is what I eat.  Since November I have been consuming empty carbohydrates and fried foods on a daily basis.  I have been unable to get my fat intake below my protein consumption and I have indulged in far too much whiskey and chocolate.   I don’t think it can be any more obvious what I need to do to get back on track.  I must be conscious of what I eat and mentally it is a bitter pill to swallow.

Go have some fun,
Nothing better than family time

Geo

yemek ve mutlu olmak dikkatli seçin









 

No comments:

Post a Comment