Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Magic of Believing

lets get stoned

In December of 1990 I made the decision to examine my belief system.  I wanted to know what I believed in.  Since then I have explored worlds beyond my comprehension.
A God
Bali Indonesia is considered the island of Gods.  There are so many gods to pray to; islanders are worshiping 24/7.  They make offerings to automobiles as weapons of destruction; the stove, the phone, the computer, and the entrance to all structures.   The Balinese are a very spiritual people and their preying creates a unique and extraordinary energy. 
Balinese God Garuda

Animists believe plants, tools, and rocks have souls.  They suppose that all things are connected by a life force.  Some of the Balinese high priests, also known as witch doctors are quite famous healers with followers from around the world waiting in line to be cured of a wide spectrum of ailments; dislocated bones, broken spirits, and evil spells. 

fake turquoise
The American Indians have Shamans who are also famous healers.  The Navajo medicine man will use petrified wood and earth stones as part of their healing ritual.  The Western territory of the USA has some of the world largest deposits of turquoise which is believed to possess highly spiritual powers.

a good feel

I have to confess I was a skeptic in the influence of stones and crystals.  In my travels I have witnessed too many healing miracles to be a non believer today.   I am an advocate and I believe that there is a stone for whatever ails me.

I am getting close
The following is a short list of common healing stones.

1.       Amethyst: good for the body, mind and spirit and protects against negative energies.

2.       Amber:  Transmutes negative energy to positive energy.

3.       Diamond: Purifies. Enhances thoughts and feeling both positive and negative.

4.       Hematite: Grounding, clear thought, improves memory and calms anxiety.

5.       Lapis Lazuli: Opens the third eye and leads to enlightenment and deep wisdom.

6.       Moon stone: Balances yin and yang energy.

7.       Opal: Enhances emotion, insight and spontaneity.

8.       Quartz Crystal: Attracts, amplifies and sends energy. Good for all types of healing.

9.       Rose Quartz: Balances yin and Yang and restores harmony.

10.   Turquoise: Highly spiritual and grounding, unconditional love and energy alignment

My fathers rosery

my prayer rope
I typically do not wear any form of jewelry or watch.  In my youth I wore a gold crucifix as my talisman and I believed it protected me and brought me good luck. Recently I was feeling a bit off center and in need of some magic so I drew from the knowledge of witch doctors and went stone hunting.
                                                                                   Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, Hematite
The objective of this prescription is to give me total health, fight off negativity and open my mind to greater vision and spirituality while staying calm, collected and grounded with an improved memory.
wears easy and keeps me grounded
My wife is a physician in traditional medicine and is not a big fan of alternative medicines so she sat back and watched with amusement as I wondered around from stall to stall searching for stones that I felt had the right energy.   This outing took a considerable amount of time and after I had collected what I was looking for I went to a shop, designed a pattern and had the prescription strung.  When the rope was assembled I was quite pleased with the simplicity of the look and feel.  I had no great expectation and my objective was to give myself an edge if I could.  When I slipped the rope over my head I was amazed; the power that was coming from the strand was staggering, I felt an active energy and my palms turned flush with color.   I asked the wife if I looked different, she smiled back and replied: happy.

a few charms from my father
At the end of the day, any form of amulet that gives us focus and helps in making us believe we have the strength to follow and make our dreams come true, in my opinion is good medicine.  I like getting stoned and look forward to many more years of stoned bliss.



Go have some fun,

Geo.

Be happy and healthy








2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. His story and photos are very good. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMETHYST IS MY BIRSTHSTONE LOVLY WORK GEORGE! UR SUCH A LUCKY SMART MAN IN THE BUCH IN BONNER!!!!!!!!!!!! SO GLAD UR SO HAPPY PEACE MY OL FRIEND! NICE FAMILY TO BOOT! ENJOYED PICS SO MUCH TY FOR SHARRIN!!!!!!!MUCH LUV FOR YA MISS YA KAT. TAKE CARE!

    ReplyDelete