Thursday, April 26, 2012

Motivate Me


Motivate Me
Phoenix age 7

I am often times in discussions where motivation is the subject matter. At the root of all these meetings there is always the perennial question; how do I get more?

 How do I become more productive?

 How do I become more effective? 

How do I become more passionate?  
I am motivated
There are Techniques used to get people inspired and in my opinion some of the most effective methods are created by the advertising industry.   The television is a fantastic medium to study the art of getting people inspired to take action; buy.

an empty nets is not always a bad thing
When dealing with motivation every new and better way requires a back story.  We must look at where we have been before we can understand where we are.   By understanding our history and current position we are better prepared to discern what we do and do not want in our life.   The single most important aspect of making change and becoming motivated is to know what we want.

i want the
ball here









Common methods used to motivate:

Problem/ Solution:

·       Soap commercials are perfect examples of the effectiveness in successfully designed triggers that stimulate positive change. The tee up to every pitch is focusing on an undesirable situation; stains and dirt.    Carpet, dishes, teeth, clothes, pets, cars, driveway, decks, sidewalks, walls, gutters, hair and body are all worthy and deserving of being cleaner and the soap manufactures have an easy solution to every problem.

Imagery

·         The weight loss and fitness industry is famous for its use of sexy fit models.  Beautiful images eliminate the need for words and subconsciously we desire and imagine ourselves morphing into the same beautiful presenter.
The Ball Player
  
The personal presentation

·         Speaking directly to the issue at hand and making a presentation that stimulates both rational and emotional movement.  

The Negative Close

·         Examining all the negatives in our life. This is an effective method because it is often times easier to see what we don’t want than it is to know what we do want.
A special meal

      Short term rewards

·         Setting immediate short term goals is also a proven method of keeping sight of one’s mission such as planning a getaway, buying a smaller size garment, or some other personal reward.

Retro reminders

·         This is when we have an article of clothing or picture of a period in our life that we do not want to return to such as the huge trousers we once fit in or a photo depicting our obesity.

No matter what method we choose to use, one or all; they are all effective if we want them to be.
an inner self


The secret to true long lasting motivation

The real secret to staying motivated when personal growth, health and fitness are concerned is to stop looking for reasons why and start living the dream.  It is the journey to self awareness that makes life interesting, challenging and an adventure.   The process of discovery and exploration of what we truly believe cannot be accomplished in a day, a week or even a year.   

The process of understanding what I am willing to eliminate from my life and what I am willing to accept as a normal part of my daily living is discovered while traveling a long and winding road of trial and error.   I have been on a journey to self actualization since the early 1990’s and I am still uncovering truths that lie deep within my psychic. 
I am not willing to give up pasta
There are cookie cutter weight control systems available; they require exercise and a prescribed menu. Some of the food choices are packets of prepared food, others are powders and some are just normal balanced meal plans that eliminate one or more food groups.  I say whatever floats your boat; if it gives you the results you want is healthy and effective, go for it. 

My refusal to sacrifice many of the foods I know I should or could makes controlling my weight more work but hey, I like to have my cake and eat too;  Let’s get motivated!
ice cream birthday cake yum yum

Go have some fun,

Geo

il fallimento รจ un mito










No comments:

Post a Comment