Thursday, September 1, 2011

Get on the Ball



One of the easiest and most affordable pieces of training equipment is the exercise ball.  The cost is around 10.00 dollars US and it the best value for money you could ask for when looking for a way to empower your abdomen.    
The ball comes in two sizes a small and a large if you are above 162cm/5’5” I would suggest getting the larger ball.  In the video I posted the guy is trying to balance on the ball without his legs touching the floor.  The amount of pressure he is applying to his abs is incredible; he is having fun and doing a great power work out at the same time.



You tube is full of videos of trainers and armatures demonstrating what can be done with the ball.  My last blog focused on walking and finding my stride and balance along with improving my posture this rubber bubble has done wonders for my lower and upper abs.



I have two balls one upstairs and one in the TV/sound room.  I found that I was spending a great deal of time sitting after i returned home from training and the long spells of reclining were affecting my posture and creating a pain in my lower back.  I introduced the ball into the room and use it to sit, roll, bounce, stretch, and as a foot rest.  The time on the sphere has made a huge difference in the way I feel after watching a few of my favorites or listening to music.



The whole family can enjoy and benefit from having the ball nearby.  Junior loves to sit on it and try to balance without rolling over, Mom loves to sit on it and bounce up and down, she says it makes her back feel aligned and the big guy uses it as a football and does pushups with it. 


The versatility, ease of use and availability of the ball makes it a great choice for any home or commercial gym.   The ball is great for everyone; skinny, tall, fat, old or young.  It improves balance and strengthens upper, lower and mid body.
Go have some fun,
Geo

No comments:

Post a Comment