Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kindred Spirits


This thread is a personal message to all my brothers and sisters who are living with a BMI of 29 and over.
You as I am, are fat, your level of fitness is an unknown to me but what I do know is; your weight is an issue.  If you are married, in a relationship and do not live alone your weight is the pink elephant in the room that no one dares speak of.  I am you I have been there and I know and understand what it is to wake up angry because life seems to be a bore, confused because no matter how much I promise myself that I will get the weight under control it seems to stay.  Frustrated that I am not willful enough to do such a simple thing as control my eating habits. I am Ashamed because my friends and family are afraid to share their feelings concerning my being overweight and in danger of poor health.  I am embarrassed that when I do follow a diet I interpret compliments from friends and family as personal attacks or innuendos that I am unhealthy.  I am sore, my back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt, my hands feel swollen and my face feels puffed, I can’t tie my own shoes and my bed has a permanent sag from carrying my weight and no longer gives me the support I need for a good night’s sleep.   Being social is not easy I would rather stay in and be alone.  Myself imposed house arrest has made me lonely, my house stinks, my clothes don’t fit and all my comfortable clothes have elastic waist bands.  I am sick of being looked at as pathetic, lazy and weak.
 I am more than what I see in the mirror and I am willing able and ready to be the best that I can be.  I will be healthy, I will allow my family and friends to help me and I will reprimand them if they reward me with sugar, salt and fat.  I want the same thing my family and friends want for me which is to be happy, healthy and fit.
Step 1.  Embrace the word “FAT” it is not a four letter word.  When you speak to people about your weight say: I am fat and I am going to get rid of all my unwanted fat.
Step 2.  House clean, throw out (don’t eat) all the junk foods that are in the house. 
Step 3.  Make a plan, set some baby step physical activity goals, such as walk to the street corner daily.
Step 4.  Make a personal commitment for 30 days to avoid all fast foods, junk food and unhealthy eating habits.
Step 5.  Go on the internet and find a low fat high protein meal plan that is easy to follow and prepare.
Step 6. Reframe your thinking and adjust your attitude towards getting healthy and fit.  You are not losing anything by eating smart and physical training, you are gaining everything you want.
Step 7. Find a photo of when you were fit and healthy and put it on display somewhere you can see it often.
Step 8.  Get tough stop being bullied by your own impulses and kick some butt.


I am a fat man in paradise, I am fat and I will always be fat, it is who I am.  I will not deny myself of this truth, which does not mean that I cannot be fit trim and healthy.   Remember all movement is good movement.
Go have some fun,
Geo

No comments:

Post a Comment