Thursday, September 8, 2011

Point of No Return

hair
When I was in my late teens and early 20’s I did not believe that I would live much past thirty consequently I played fast and hard and in the process used and abused my body as if there was no tomorrow.  Now that I am in my fifties with young children I want to live an active life into my nineties.   In all honesty I believe I can do it, the rejuvenating process of the body is truly amazing i.e.  stop smoking and after 7 yrs the lungs will be pink again, assuming no existing serious damage to the liver, eliminate drug and alcohol abuse  and it will revitalize itself.   The possibility of changing the cycle of life is real, it is possible to abuse our bodies, change our life style and heal, resulting in a healthy, active long life.
I had a CAT scan examination last year using a new model which meant that the results were shown to me in printouts of clear color pictures.  Due to my history, excess body fat and smoking habits I was primarily concerned about two areas: plaque buildup in my arteries particularly around the heart and the health of my lungs.  To my great delight the results determined, I have the heart of a bull and the lungs of a runner. The doctors attributed my better than expected results to my last 16 yrs of daily training. Conclusion; all movement is good movement
It’s all good; change an unhealthy lifestyle to one with healthy habits and the body will reward us with good health.  My issue is not with health as much as it is with cosmetics.  The combination of age and yoyo weight loss has wreaked havoc on my largest organ; skin.  When I take a critical look at myself beyond the new muscle mass in my shoulders and back I see a huge bag of sag and at this point I don’t know if I am past the point of no return.

167lb/76kg

286lb/130kg
 I am being patient, I am doing routines to tighten the skin and build muscle but the hard fact is after the age of 50 the body naturally starts breaking down and I am working out of deep hole I dug for myself with years of obesity, abuse and neglect which may have made my task impossible.
 I weigh in every Saturday and I do a full body measurement on the 4th of every month. My numbers are continuing to reflect growth where I want and decline where I expect however cellulite and atrophy are major issues that I simply have not been able to design a program to effectively overcome. 
 Five areas in particular are simply not responding:
1.       Inner thigh; lose skin, lack of tone and cellulite
2.       Abdomen; fatty spare tire, cellulite and minimal reduction
3.       Breast; won’t get hard, sag and fatty
4.       Thighs; saggy skin, cellulite, and wont develop muscle definition.
5.       Upper bicep; saggy and cellulite regardless of increased mass.
no matter how many curls i do i cant get rid of that extra bicep skin
I have consulted with medical professionals for solutions; the suggestions have been surgery, patients, and HGH steroid injections.  I have a dream and a vision of my ideal body. The sad reality is I may be past the point of no return to ever see my dreams come true and only time will tell.
look and you see the gut and man tits
Go have some fun,
Geo

No comments:

Post a Comment